Welcome to Ingram & Associates Tax Firm
Individual / Business / Corporate Tax Returns
Professional Bookkeeping and Payroll Services
Voted #1 Tax Preparers for 2019!! #BestofSumter. Thank-you Sumter!
Guaranteed, Dependable, Year-round Service
Where we care about our clients
Hours of operation during Tax Season:
Monday-Friday: 10am to 7pm
Saturday: 10am - 3pm
Sunday: 1pm - 7pm
Hours of operation after Tax Season:
Monday - Thursday: 10am - 5:30pm
Friday: 10am - 2pm
This team of professionals can handle all your Individual and Business needs! Make your appointment now. Please call if you have any questions. We will be glad to assist you in any way possible.
We now accept VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express Credit Cards.
MEET THE TEAM
Charles C. "Buck" Ingram
President / Tax Preparer
Buck started Ingram & Associates in 1966 while he was also employed by the US Postal Service. He has grown the business to 4000+ clients and I&A has a 99% accuracy rating. Coming from a "country" background, Buck enjoys helping people get the most out of every dollar they can on their Individual and/or Business tax returns.
Christopher D. Ingram
Vice-President / Tax Preparer
Chris has been working with his dad for over 12 years at I&A. He strives to give his clients the best tax advice possible. You can count on Chris and his valuable experience as an IRS Registered Tax Preparer to get you the most money back on your Individual or Business return.
Jim L. Lamb
Unfortunately, Mr. Lamb passed away in September 2018 and will truly be missed by all! We request that you please make your appointment with Chris or Beth to take care of your tax and business needs. This team is dedicated to serve you!
Susan E. "Beth" Huggins
Bookkeeper/Tax Preparer/Notary Public
Beth received a BS degree in Business Administration, with emphasis in Finance, from USC-Aiken. She has 30+ years of Accounting experience and joined I&A in Jan. 2017 as Bookkeeper and an IRS Registered Tax Preparer. She is currently taking new bookkeeping clients as well as tax clients. Call I&A to set up your Bookkeeping meeting or to make your tax appointment today.
After 11 years of service at I&A, Angie will set up your appointment and process your documents with care and accuracy. She is extremely conscientious about her work and is very personable. Angie will have some temporary help in the office again this year, so put these ladies to work and make your tax appointment today!
Thank you Aggie Newman!
We regret that Aggie Newman, with her many years of dedicated service, will not be returning this season. However, we are happy to report that she has Retired and is enjoying spending time with her family and friends.
Review the following tips for being prepared for your 2018 tax appointment
If possible, please do not bring children to your appointment
- Please bring all statements that show the wages, interest or any other income you received during 2018 (W-2's, 1099's, your Social Security Statements, Pensions & Annuities, etc.)
- If you withdrew money from your 401k, please bring the required documentation (Form 1099-R)
- If you were unemployed, received alimony or gambling winnings, please bring these documents with you (W2-G)
- If you paid any Student Loans during 2018, please bring form 1098-T with you (provided by College)
- If you were Self-employed during 2018, please bring totals of your income and expenses by category (see below)
- If your child goes to daycare, we have to have the ID number and address of the provider along with the amount you paid to them
- If you are covered by Health Insurance please bring a copy of your 1095 A, B, or C - whichever applies to you
With proper documentation, the following may be deductible:
- Unreimbursed medical expenses
- Moving expenses
- Recognizable charitable donations
- Overnight job related expenses
- Job improvements
- Casualty losses (i.e. fire, theft, severe weather damages, etc.
All receipts should show a grand total
For Business expenses and Rental property, please have a total expense for each of the following categories, if applicable:
- Car & Truck Expense
- Commissions and fees
- Contract Labor
- Insurance (other than health)
- Interest paid on Mortgage and/or interest paid on other loans
- Legal and Professional fees
- Office Expense
- Rent or lease
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Taxes & Licenses
- Deductible Meals
- Wages paid to employees
- Other Expenses
If new equipment was purchased, please provide a list of equipment with the date purchased and the amount.
January 31, 2019:
Furnish W-2 Copies B, C, & 2 to employees. File Copy A along with Form W-3 to the IRS.
Furnish 1099 Copy B to recipients. File Copy A with the IRS along with Form 1096 for paper filing.
March 15, 2019:
Last day to file Partnership and Corporate Returns
April 15, 2019:
Last day to file Individual Returns